Friday, September 7, 2007

Boxing Day (9/5/7)


Posted by Alec H., Block 3

The day starts where we last left off, ending the poem we started the day before.
Everyone struggles to remember what was written as the sound of a faucet drips from around the room. Maybe it was the brains oozing from the heads of those struggling to remember what they wrote, as the 3 day weekend took its toll. (see resource blog tviewlalab.blogspot.com)

We went over the Mustn'ts and the Should'nts. (see resource blog tviewlalab.blogspot.com)

We discussed the concept of the Boxes, what they are for, and why they are here.
Some said the boxes were a sort of security, protecting your thoughts from others, that you feel safe in the box, but you never think inside it. Perhaps, Mr. B. suggested, having the security of a classroom environment (or being safe inside the box) allows one the freedom to think outside the box.

From alien hideouts, to portals to other dimensions, boxes could be whatever our imaginations named them. Even the word "box" could lead us to new ideas and connections: Boxing, boxers, lunch boxes, chicken bocks (bock-bock-bock-BOCK), springboks.

Don't think inside or outside the box,
think about the box.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Rike just had me clean up the storage room a little bit with all of Mrs.Cron's things,and I encountered a LOT of boxes. I had to pack all her decorations, plaques and whatnot in the boxes and see what exactly I could fit into them and such.

I know it's not exactly on the subject, but through the whole situation, I kind of felt sorry for the boxes. That they only get to be used for packing things. I'd prefer crawling through one or hiding in it.

I can see why one would find security through boxes. I wished they had bigger ones so I could climb in it like I used to when I was younger.

Anonymous said...

I really like the pictures, nice touch to the entry.